Global East Analyst Meeting Insights - September 2023
(18 September 2023 – Global) East’s analyst meeting insights presents a valuable summary of emerging business banking intelligence themes and trends at the intersection of corporates and financial institutions.
New Expert Trade, Treasury and Technology Network - T3i
T3i Partner Network LLP, a global collective of industry-leading specialists in trade, treasury and technology, officially announced its launch with a mission to drive success in the trade finance and treasury landscape.
East & Partners was approached and agreed to be the networks' preferred industry market research and analysis firm with East's Principal Analyst Paul Dowling joining as a member partner.
Stay tuned for breaking Evolving Trade analysis and insight next month featuring East’s proprietary Global Analysis Insights featuring institutional voice of the customer research across Asia, Europe, North America and importantly a growing area of client focus and activity, the Middle East.
Pivotal Asset Finance Inflection Point
Incorporating enhanced analysis and insights including bank advocacy performance, the broker channel has roared back into the spotlight for a multitude of reasons, not least of which the altered Instant Asset Write Off Scheme and growing pressure on Australian enterprises to manage ingrained inflation and cost base pressures.
- Traditionally a feature of the small business segment, how much headway are brokers making in the middle market and large corporate top end of town?
- Where do non-bank asset financiers fit into the equation and are the banks fighting back as NAB’s #1 business banking/lending status is challenged by CBA?
- How will the stalled ANZ/Suncorp deal impact asset finance markets and what are the next steps?
- Will record asset finance volume forecasts continue to trend higher?
Do Banks Generate Their Own Customer Types?
Expanding on the successful NZ Business Banking Attribute Monitor and Resurrection of the RM Global Insight Report, East is exploring key reasons for CFOs switching, and more importantly remaining, with their primary business bank.
- As customer churn intentions surpass record highs and panel banking intensifies, what role do RMs play in imparting a valued “human touch” on rapidly evolving digital processes?
- When engaging with a bank, how do corporates choose one provider over another? Which relationship, operational and perception factors are more important than others?
- What best practice examples are there for corporate banks winning and retaining more customers across Cash Management and Liquidity, Trade and Supply Chain Finance, Business FX, Payments and Asset Finance?
- East research shows that it is critical for providers to “talk the talk before walking the walk”. We are firm believers in effective communications that map to customer concerns and interests really driving the value proposition, product, delivery/coverage and competitive differentiation of financial services providers.
- Mind share/brand perception has become the single biggest driver of customer acquisition, retention, wallet gain and cross sell, far outweighing historical drivers of customer satisfaction and advocacy.
Bloomberg Global Insight Series